Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I think that my ancillary tasks together with my main combined together well, I think one of the most important points to keep in mind whilst making the ancillary tasks was to make sure they all followed a similar theme and colour scheme, so that the viewer would be able to quickly distinguish the products and would know that they are all connected to one another, there were two ancillary tasks, one to advertise the website within a newspaper and the other to give a listing of shows on a television guide style magazine. I made sure the information on both tasks was relevant and connected to each other in order to create a good convergence. I think my Ident in particular will be very effective as it converges very nicely with the colouring of the website, as well as it looking professional and authentic.

My ident and website in particular have a good theme synergy as they are both the same colour and look as if they fit together nicely.
The ident has definitely served its purpose of being an identification tag for my new channel; It is short, interesting and does catch the eye of the audience. I have also found that the ident can be a very good brand identity due to its professional look and simple layout.
My newspaper advertisement works well for its purpose, it is a simple and easy to understand design, indicating what genre of channel it is at first sight, it’s colour set is similar to that of the website and ident but I did want to make it show out a little more with bolder colours in order to attract the attention of the audience in newspapers through all the other advertisements.

I think combined that all of these project pieces together make quite a effective unifying theme, following the same themes, giving the audience a sense of familiarity with each of the parts, this is important to do in order to make the whole product look much more genuine, believable and professional. Giving it a much stronger unison in and looking like a official brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment